Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Yummy New Recipe

I am the pickiest eater in the world. In the entire world! You may think that your four year old is pickier than me, but I guarantee you she is not. Bring it on, four-year-olds! I'm not sure what's wrong with me, but I could be perfectly happy eating bland baked chicken with some green beans and a little orzo on the side every night for months. My husband, however, is pretty much the polar opposite when it comes to eating. I can count the foods that he doesn't like on two fingers. Hubs requires a little more variety so for the past 7 years, I am constantly searching for new recipe's to add to our repertoire that I will actually like. Last night I found one (Hooray!) I will share it with you, but I must warn you that it's not going to be the most healthy meal you've had. We've been trying to eat healthier, and while this recipe does have some veggies and chicken in it, it also involves mucho olive oil and a little cheese as well. I wish I had a picture, but we dug into it before I thought to do so. If I make it again, I will probably use softer pea pods, and possibly add a little more garlic and a tiny bit of salt. It was pretty good though. Enjoy...

CHICKEN AND SPINACH RAVIOLI WITH GARLIC PESTO SAUCE

2 Tbsp olive oil
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch cubes
2 cups fresh pea pods (chose pods with a softer skin, such as sugar snap peas...the ones I chose were a little tough)
1 small suzzhini, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch slices
1 red bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1/4-inch strips
1 (9-oz.) pks. spinach ravioli (I used an organic spinach and artichoke ravioli that was tasty)
1 (7-oz.) pkg. prepared garlic pesto sauce (or you can make your own, like I kinda did)
1/4 cup (1-oz.) freshly shredded Parmesan cheese

*In large skillet, heat olive oil over med-high heat until hot. Add chicken; stir-fry 5-6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
*Add pea pods, zucchini and bell pepper to skillet; stir-fry an additional 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
*Meanwhile, in med. pot, cook ravioli according to package directions. Drain and add to chicken and vegetables. Add pesto sauce; toss until well mixed. Springkle with Parmesan cheese.

Makes 4 servings

No comments: